Air hockey is a great way to spend some quality time with family and friends on a snowy Sunday. We all love playing this game. There’s no doubt about that. No matter how old you are, you’d still enjoy a few rounds of air hockey.
However, to make the play more fun you’ll need to stick to some basic air hockey rules. These rules aim to make the game fair for both players without leaving any loopholes that may ruin the game.
Looking for a nice air hockey table? Check out the most complete guide about air hockey tables on the internet.
Air Hockey Is On Its Way To Become A Sport
Nowadays, air hockey is more than just an indoor game. It’s kind of a sport actually. Or at least there are many associations trying to make it a mainstream sport. For example, there’s The US Table Hockey Association.
These associations have made a lot of effort to regulate air hockey all over the globe. They organize tournaments and produce regulations about the rules of air hockey.
But, there’s a small problem for air hockey amateurs like you and me. These rules are often too long and very sophisticated. Nobody got time for dozens of annoying pages, right ?
The reason we find them annoying is because they weren’t made for people like us. These rules were intentionally created for professionals.
- GROWN MAN GAMES 14 CUP GLOW IN THE DARK BEER PONG - The Grown Man Games Glow in the Dark Beer Pong Set is the perfect drinking game for your next party or tailgate. Beer Pong is a great alternative to other tailgating and party games such as kan jam, bulzibucket, bottle bash, cornhole, ladder golf, and more.
- PLAY ANYTIME - Don't let the setting sun stop the fun. Now you can enjoy Beer Pong all day and all night! The Grown Man Games Beer Pong Set is glow-in-the-dark making it perfect for playing during the day and night. The glow in the dark balls and LED Beer Pong lights make for exciting game play in the dark. Pair this lighted beer pong set with glow sticks and other glow party supplies for the ultimate glow in the dark party.
- PLAY ANYWHERE - Beer Pong is a game that can be played virtually anywhere there's a table or flat surface. The cups are stackable for easy storage allowing you to take your Grown Man Games LED Pong anywhere. Be the life of the party with Grown Man Games Glow in the Dark Beer Pong.
- SUPERIOR DESIGN - The 14 cup Glow In the Dark Beer Pong Set includes 14 clear plastic pong cups for a 6 beer cup + 1 water cup setup on both sides of your playing surface. The set also includes 14 stick on LED Pong lights to light up the base of each cup (7 red / 7 blue), and 4 glow in the dark pong balls. The stick on led light batteries are replaceable. The stick on lights can lose adhesion over time as the batteries are replaced multiple times. Replacement lights are available from Grown Man
- SUPERIOR QUALITY - The Grown Man Games Glow-in-the-Dark Beer Pong Set is the best lighted pong set on the market today. The versatility of day and night play along with exceptional build quality is unmatched by anything else available in this affordable price range. Grown Man Games is a leading supplier of lawn games and party games for both tournament and recreational play. Grown Man Games stands behind each and every Beer Pong Set and guarantees years of fun for your family and friends when y
You’re Lucky…I Got Your Back
But, don’t worry.
Fortunately for you, I did go through all that boring stuff. I read it all. And I’m sharing with you in this post the main rules that you should know about.
Printing a version of these rules will save you hours of useless arguing with your friends.
As I said, these rules are just a simplified version of the US Air Hockey Association Rules. My intent is to save you time. But, you can always check the official rules if you want to.
The following rules are all you need to worry about. These rules are sufficient to make your air hockey games fair for everyone.
Air Hockey Rules Simplified
These rules are the basic rules that are necessary to play an organized air hockey game. However, there some official rules I didn’t include here because they are irrelevant for most basic purposes of an amateur player.
Those were some of the basic air hockey rules that will make your matches more competitive and serious. However, keep in mind that you can change whatever rule you want or even add new rules. It’s your home, so your rules. But, be careful not to ruin the whole game.
For example, you can change the number of points each game is supposed to have. You can go for 5 or 3 if your time is tight or you can go for a higher number like 11 or even 21 if you wanna make the match longer. So, as you can see it all depends on what you want.
Keep In Mind…
If you wanna play like professionals do in international tournaments, then you will need to read all the official rules that you can find on the USHTA website.
Bottom line, remember that the ultimate goal of this game is to have fun. So, make sure that everybody walks out happy from your game room. That’s what a game room is for: having a happy time with friends and family.
Have fun buddy..